Student Health

Any student who becomes unwell whilst at school must report to the Student Centre where the sick bay is located.  They are not to contact their parents/caregivers directly. The staff in the Student Centre will contact a parent/caregiver if they feel it is necessary.

Students who are injured or have an accident whilst they are at school must report to the Student Centre if they are able to where first aid can be given if required.  If they are not able to move then a fellow student should find a member of staff.  A record will be made of the injury/accident and how it occurred.  If the staff giving first aid feel it is necessary, they may contact a parent/caregiver and ask them to collect their student to take them for medical treatment.

If staff feel it is an emergency they will call an ambulance.  Parents/caregivers will be contacted to inform them of this action.

We have a number of Health services available to students.

A Public Health Nurse (Carole Pedersen) provides a drop-in clinic one or two lunchtimes each week.

If you have a concern about your student we can refer them to Carole and she can make arrangements to see them.

A Doctor (Dr Robin Baird) is here one morning each week and can be seen by students free of charge.  Appointments must be made through the Student Centre if students wish to see him. New patients need to fill out a Health form prior to their appointment.

The South Tuakau Mobile Dental Unit visits the College each year to check the dental health of Year 7 and 8 students. If you need your student to be seen at a time when they are not here they can be contacted on 021 248 3091.

SmileCare Dental offers a free service to Year 9 to 13 students who are not already registered with their own dentist. They come to the College once each year and then come back for any follow-up procedures that may be required.